31 October 2008

from the cloud of dust

I have never really had any interest in any of Clint Eastwood's movies and so I have never seen one. Also, I like Angelina but would not classify myself as a huge fan or even a fan really. I think it was more the story line and the period of Los Angeles that made me want to see Changeling.

My Heart and I went to a preview screening of it last night and let me tell you, I was blown away. I find it amazing that such a story has been buried beneath the history of the city of angels. I am not usually one for period pieces but 20s and 30s LA intrigues me. And this film did not disappoint. Mrs. Pitt did an outstanding job (and had some killer wardrobe!). The effects were so convincing I felt like I was looking into the past at what has become my home.

Albeit it was a Clint Eastwood movie and I've been told they are slow moving almost to the point of boring. Changeling was drawn out and long (over 2 hours) but it kept moving and definitely kept me interested. More than once I was moved to the point of tears. I suggest you take the time for this one - the Oscar buzz, in my opinion, isn't hype.

No comments: