08 October 2008

the dusty pit of my stomach

Today, for the first time in my life, I have people cleaning my house for me. It was a long time coming but I didn't realize how difficult it would be to actually let it happen.

To start - our place is a mess. As I have described it many a time, it's a storage unit. My one bedroom apartment was supposed to be our temporary living situation but is now going on 2 years I think. Both our stuff just doesn't fit and we sit on a bed for a couch for god's sake!

Plus, we have 3 animals living with us who are little dirt balls - their fur just adds to the already dusty decor.

And to top it all off, we're lazy.

So cut to today... I had called a service I found on Yelp and they agreed to come by this morning and do a one time job for a pretty cheap rate. If I like the work I can schedule regular cleanings. 3 people showed up a little after 10am and got right to it. I left a check and left the house.

Problem is, I'm terrified something is going to go wrong. Maybe they won't really clean - just take my money and run. Maybe they'll take more than my money and run. And what about my little animals? Maybe they'll let them out and something terrible will happen. Ugh, I want to trust my instincts and say that everything is going to be fine but I think I'm a paranoid person because all my instincts are saying is, "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING!?"

1 comment:

Matilda said...

When you come home and find your house sparkling and clean, you will feel better!
I have a new cleaner coming over tomorrow!!!! Can't wait for the house to be sparkling and clean!!!! I'm too busy to get it done myself on a regular basis!
Let me know how you go.
Sending love across the ocean.