03 June 2008

flipping through the glossy

I LOVE the magazine Real Simple.

Actually, I'm a magazine lover in general. I just feel so guilty subscribing to them because of the paper waste. I'm really tempted to start a subscription to Real Simple though.

I'm sure there are a few we could cancel and not miss. We are currently receiving Wired, Dwell, Juxtapoz, Entertainment Weekly, Maxim and Shape... I think that's all of them. We used to get Interview and some days I really miss it but I need to learn to let go. What else should I let go of?

Wired: We get if for free but I can't remember why. It's a fun read but I'm sure it will run out eventually and we won't renew it.

Dwell: I love to see all the great designs and now that we're looking to buy a house it may come in handy. Since it comes free with our MOCA membership I will eventually cancel it and let that money go directly to them.

Juxtapoz: I love this magazine but don't take full advantage of it - I feel like I should be going to check out more local art. My Heart bought the subscription for me as a birthday present a couple of years ago but I think I will let it lapse.

Entertainment Weekly: I need to close a bank account and once I do that there will be no more - it gets renewed automatically from that account. I look forward to Fridays as this is one of my favorites to read. It's simple fun. Maybe I'll keep it.

Maxim: This is My Heart's so we won't touch it!

Shape: I don't use this as much as I thought I would but I do enjoy reading it. I probably won't renew it.

Well, it seems like there are a few I am ready to give up in exchange... I wonder if reading Real Simple online would be as satisfying? I'll have to test that out before I commit to a paper copy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can stop Maxim, I hardly ever read it. Hi!