01 April 2008

one can dream

I love winter. I love cozy, cold, snow, warm, happy, family, christmas, love winter.

I am not a big fan of baked goods.

I do however love red velvet cake. If it's perfect. One time it made me cry. Granted I had had a pretty crappy day and a nice co-worker thought of me while having a client lunch. She brought back from that lunch a mini red velvet cake from Doughboys. I had heard these were amazing. Nothing had prepared me for what I tasted. I cried. So good.



The only problem with that cake was its size. I couldn't eat the whole thing in one sitting (ok, yes I could but let's not go there) and it just wasn't as good the next day. It is smaller than a normal cake which helps but still. Then I discovered cupcakes. I know these are all the rage with the hip kids these days but I don't care. Count me in. They are the PERFECT size. Enough to satisfy me but not too much to feel guilty about. I've tried a couple of the trendy places around town; Sprinkles, Joan's on Third, Suzie Cakes... all pretty good but not tear inducing. I guess I'm going to have to accept the fact that the moment has been created and can never be duplicated.



Mmmm, cupcakes. Does April Fool's Day count as a cupcake worthy holiday?

No comments: