03 February 2009

because of august

This thing we're calling a hunt... you forget about the part where you wait silently in the bushes for hours on end for the perfect shot. It's a lot of work and it takes great patience. I'm growing weary and we're less than a month in.
How do you find the perfect house? That place you feel is home? Do you finally let go of the dream for reality? I think that's what the first month does. It wears you down enough to give in to second or third best. Actually, maybe even fourth or fifth best. I feel like putting my head down on a soft pillow and forgetting about all of this. The only problem is waking back up in our current place of residence and realizing it's not home either.
Every weekend, life sacrificed to better the future. Thirty houses in. Nothing. We've put in an offer on one but it's looking grim and nothing else is going to compare. So we lie back down in the grass and wait.

2 comments:

Matilda said...

Have a rest... then start again. You will find a house that will be your home... I'm sure of it.
Sending love across the ocean.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there darling. It took me a year and half to find my house in COS and I worked for freakin' real estate company! :) If it's becoming that annoying, you either need to find a new agent or take a break. My rule of thumb is this...fix your price and fix your area and don't budge. Don't go see the "maybes". If you don't like the way it looks online, you probably won't like the way it looks in real life.

XOXO
Daniel