12 February 2010

this oblong day

This week has been fucked up. (pardon my language) I have had a rough one but seems like it's been even harder on some others.

First and foremost, I want to send a little of my own love into the universe for Mr. Alexander McQueen. I've only recently realized how much fashion means to me... it's art. And Alex made it out of this world amazing, wearable art...
(the infamous lobster shoes - Photo: Imaxtree via New York Magazine)
www.alexandermcqueen.com

Yesterday, a man committed suicide by jumping off the Kodak Theater which is directly across from my former place of employment (My Heart's current place of employment).

So disturbing.

Then I hear about the Georgian Luger... and now a shooting!?

Puts it all into perspective. Guess my week wasn't so bad after all. Is the universe trying to tell us something though???

Oh, wait... then there's this which has been a little bit of fun to watch unfold:

(click on the image to go to the story - image from McNew/Getty via NY Daily News)

And this, apparently dogs were feeling left out of the whole twitter phenomenon so now there's Puppy Tweets.

Go figure. It's a crazy crazy world we live in.

No comments: