20 January 2010

the beat i guess

Is it selfish that I don't feel like using my blog for good today? That I just want to curl up with a hot cup of tea and good book?

Should I feel guilty for not doing the busy work or organizing the office while things are slow? That I'd rather read your blog and take care of some personal stuff?

I know things suck in Haiti. I know the rain in LA is forcing people from their homes. I know Brandy needs some help raising money for MMRF in her boyfriend's name. And it's not that I don't care because really I do. But today just doesn't feel like that day for me.

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, trying to get back to me. Part of that is writing (yay!). But I'm also running again and trying to get our house together and slowly ramping up to actually finish a campaign or two. It feels like so much werk right now. Plus I wanna pick up the camera (don't I always) and take that sewing machine out of it's box finally. Ugh.

I'm gonna blame my lack of interest on depression and call it a day.

I do have a couple of things that are making me happy so far in 2010 and so I'll share them with you...

1. Like this Ke$ha song that reminds me of Amanda from Ugly Betty:


2. And roasted brussel sprouts

3. My boots (but I can't find a picture of them)

4. Always this guy:







(photo courtesy of my lil sis)



5. Getting to experience some cold winter days

6. Friend S (who I already miss after less than a week)

7. My Heart and his efforts (especially when he makes me laugh so hard i cry. like last night. but not so much when he almost burns down the entire house! like this morning when he went to werk and left his egg pan on the stove - burner still on, nothing in the pan. we're lucky i was still home.)


And so it goes on...

No comments: