18 May 2009

homegirl here to represent

This is Gwen Stefani climbing the barricade between the floor and the stands at the Mandalay Bay Events Center on Saturday night.


She was so close we could almost touch her (and My Heart tried - he might have grazed her arm but wasn't sure). I was grinning ear to ear watching her get just the guys in the crowed to sing "I'm just a girl" and then all the girls to blow them away. She was right there. So close. I could almost touch her. She is mesmerizing and I didn't remember that until Saturday night.

We thought it would be fun to get tickets to the show in August. They would be playing to their home town crowd at the end of a summer long tour and on my birthday none the less. But when Friend W purposed we go check out opening night of the tour in Vegas we said, why not?

I'm so glad we did. The show was tight. The crowd was into it. The band was into it. Visually it was stunning. And they played all the greats. No Doubt.

Oh, and Vegas was good too. We stayed at the Luxor which was close to the venue. They recently remodeled some of their rooms but they were just okay. Not bad. Not great. Friend W was fun and hit a couple of lucky streaks on the Wheel of Fortune slots (even though they're super hard to find these days). My Heart recently won a serious of events some guys put together to send the winner to a World Series of Poker satellite game so he got to enter that while we were there. He'll be going back in June to actually play. So, all in all it was a great mini-vacation. Next stop for me, Colorado. Just gotta get thru this week...

1 comment:

Daniel Vasey said...

I'll say it again...soooo jealous! Glad you got to be there!

XOXO