14 November 2008

follow the yellow brick road

My First Couple of Weeks in LA:

1. I was stopped at a red light when a women pulled up next to me and asked me for directions to Sepulveda. I had no idea what she was talking about. All I knew was that I was on Santa Monica and if I kept going West I would eventually get to the ocean. Wonder if she realized I had Colorado plates.
2. I held a door open at a lame chain restaurant for Kobe Bryant. He did not look down at me and he did not say anything to me. I thought it was rather rude of him and I've never forgiven him for it.

Today in LA:

1. I held the door open for 2 girls coming out of a trendy restaurant and they both thanked me. The second one even added, "so sweet." Manners are not dead.
2. Walking down the street a women parked her truck at a meter in front of me and got out to ask me directions. I knew exactly where she wanted to go and exactly how to get there. She was very grateful.

No comments: