16 September 2010

one step at a time

Sometimes I fancy myself an idealist, thinking my small acts of kindness can change the world into a better place.  Unfortunately, this is rare and I'm often overtaken by a pain in knowing that nothing will every truly change.  It hurts me to see the destruction mankind and mother nature continually throw at one another and each other and us and you and them and... I don't know, sorry.  Not sure where I'm going with this all.  I have an inner hole that is hard to fill.  I can't remember a time not having this hole.  But there's also this light and so I try to focus on that.

When My Heart and I were down under for our 30th birthdays I ran across this beautiful greeting card in a cute little shop somewhere in Melbourne.  I snatched it up thinking it spoke to me and for me - knowing that it would go on my blog.  That was over 2 years ago but here it is...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You feel deep, you think hard, but your heart is kind...That's why I love my ewok:)

Love,

Wookie